Chef Lonnie Zoeller's Cilantro Recipe
Chef Lonnie Zoeller uses his special cilantro recipe on our Duck Arepa and Tomato & Hearts of Palm Salad, and he wants to share the secret with you. Try it at home at let us know what you think!
Zoeller says: "I like this dressing a lot because it’s pretty versatile -- salads, chicken, shrimp. I think it’s good for most things grilled, but it’s nice on just sliced, ripe tomatoes, or even in sandwiches. This is also a nice base recipe if you would like to add something or built on, like adding cumin or adding more chilies or garlic. For me, the recipe is just a simple guideline, and with this one there is room to adjust it to however you want -- spicy or sweeter. I feel like sometimes a great sauce or dressing is really more valuable because you can use it more often and in different ways."
- 1bu Cilantro
- 1.5c Blended Oil
- 2ea Limes, zest and juice
- ½ c Sugar
- 2ea Jalapenos
- ½ c Fresh Ginger
- 5ea Garlic
- about 1tsp salt to taste
- Cut and remove the seeds from the jalapenos, season with blended oil and salt and pepper and grill until charred and tender (you can also broil the peppers if a grill is not available)
- Chop the cilantro (I like to use most of the stem as well)
- Peel and mince the fresh ginger and garlic
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth